A great place to start learning about Diamond Scheduler is right here. Check out the tutorials and feel free to suggest topics for future ones. If you ever experience problems with Diamond Scheduler, let us know and we’ll get right on it.
Direct Download: If you need to re-download the program, go to the File Downloads page.
Known Issues can be found here.
Before creating a support request, take a look at our frequently asked questions.
You might also be interested in viewing the following list of recently addressed issues: See what's new.
How do I install Diamond Scheduler?
View full installation instructions on this page.
What are the system requirements?
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbook class devices
- Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64 bit editions) with Service Pack 2, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Intel® Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6, and above
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Minimum Display Resolution
- 1024 x 768 pixels
May I have the program on multiple computers in the league?
Yes. You may have the program on up to three league-related computers. If you need to switch computers, deactivate one installation and install the program on a different machine.
What are the differences between Diamond Scheduler 6 and Diamond Scheduler 7?
The installation file is downloading as a *.zip file instead of an *.air or *.exe file
The most likely cause of this is that you used Internet Explorer to download the setup file. The setup file should have an extension of *.air but IE changes the extension at times to *.zip. You have two choices to fix the issue.
- Use Firefox, Safari, or Chrome to download the file.
- Change the extension of the file back to *.air so that it is name DiamondScheduler.air
There’s actually a third option by changing the security settings of Internet Explorer, but it’s not worth the effort since the other two approaches work fine.
Getting error message about a damaged or corrupt installer file.
The error we hear about occasionally is a dialog box that says, “Sorry, an error has occurred. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.”
In fact, the installer file is not damaged. There is likely a conflict of programs.
Fix Number 1
We have found that McAfee real-time scanning especially loves to block installation of the program. From their web site, here are instructions on how to turn off real-time scanning just for a few minutes. Turn off McAfee Real-Time Scanning Temporarily
Fix Number 2
Diamond Scheduler uses Adobe AIR to allow cross-platform development. You should have the AIR plugin installed on your computer for Diamond Scheduler to work properly. Like Adobe Flash, AIR is often installed on users’ computers, but yours may not have it pre-installed.
If you have the problem mentioned above, we suggest the following to overcome the difficulties.
- First uninstall Diamond Scheduler if it is already installed (Control Panel > Uninstall on Windows and Application folder on Mac).
- Make sure the application folder does not exist (for Windows, it is most likely located at c:\Program Files\Diamond Scheduler 7 or c:\Program Files (x86)\Diamond Scheduler 7 and Applications folder on a Mac). If the Diamond Scheduler folder still exists after uninstalling the program, delete it.
- Empty the Recycle Bin (Windows) or Trash (Mac).
- Make sure your computer’s system clock is correct. Correct the date and time if it not current.
- Install the latest version of Adobe AIR (download from http://get.adobe.com/air).
- Try installing Diamond Scheduler again.
If none of these work for you, please contact us. We’ll help.
Getting error message that says "Application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem."
I purchased the program but have lost my license key. Can I recover it?
Go to any page at cactusware.com and at the bottom you will see a login link. You created a login when you purchased the program. If you sign in with those credentials, you’ll be taken to your account page where you can recover your key.
Do you provide support for difficult schedules?
Absolutely. We are confident you’ll hear a resounding “Yes” from the customers we have supported since we created the first version of the program in 1998 (see a few testimonials). Support is as important to us as product development. Scheduling is part science, part craft, part intuition and we’re here to help you figure out the best approach to solving your scheduling issues.
If you need a question answered, just email us and we’ll do our best. If you need someone to schedule on your behalf, we can hook you up with a consultant with whom we work closely to schedule complex leagues. It won’t be free, but it will save you hours!
Do you ever enhance the program or fix reported bugs?
Several times a month we make a minor or major tweak to the program. Once the program is installed on your computer, you will be notified of available updates when you open the program. Accept the update and the latest changes will be installed.
Since the demo doesn't allow one to export reports to HTML, what do those reports look like?
You can see some of the “out-of-the-box” sample reports here: Sample HTML Reports. It’s quite easy to modify the styling to your preferences.
Are upgrades free?
Yes. As long as your subscription is up-to-date, you will receive automatic, free updates every time there’s a change or enhancement to the program.
Are you still supporting version 6 of the program?
Although I no longer am selling version 6, I’ll continue to support it, as I always have. Use the Contact menu link at the top to touch base about your version 6 questions or issues. If you need a refresh course on using the old version of the program, check out these: legacy movie tutorials.
If you need to re-download version 6, you can get it Version 6.